Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Sunday, December 11, 2005

God is the Faithful One

Great is Thy Faithfulness (Thomas Chisholm, 1866-1960)

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain
Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love. (Refrain)

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside! (Refrain)

That is one of my favorite hymns. It was written by a man who was born in a log cabin in Franklin, Kentucky. I like it because it's focus is on the faithfulfulness of God, not our imperfect offerings to Him. He is so WONDERFUL!

Below, in a related matter, is a poem about God's faithfulness written by someone from a completely different walk of life in another part of the world. The faithfulness of God is relevant to all of us.

He leads us on by paths we did not know;
Upward He leads us, though our steps be slow,
Though oft we faint and falter on the way,
Though storms and darkness oft obscure the day;

Yet when the clouds are gone,
We know He leads us on.

He leads us on through all the unquiet years;
Past all our dreamland hopes, and doubts and fears,
He guides our steps, through all the tangled maze
Of losses, sorrows, and o'er clouded days;

We know His will is done;
And still He leads us on.

-Nicolaus L. von Zinzendorf, 1700-1760 (born in Dresden, Germany to one of the most noble and wealthy families)

the END

9 Comments:

  • 'Great is thy faithfulness' is my all time favorite hymn. I always feel the urge to sing it when the Lord answers my prayers.

    God Bless

    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 12/11/2005 4:06 PM  

  • Hi Rose
    Did you have good Sunday?

    I was just teaching on this Confidents
    This song and poem tell us of the Greatness of the Lord it biulds Confidents. Confidents is what we need to lay down our problem at the feet of Jesus and not pick them up again.

    I love to praise the The Lord

    Great up lifting
    God Bless Sis

    By Blogger forgiven, at 12/11/2005 4:21 PM  

  • Matthew,
    How interesting. Perhaps my purpose for being in the blogosphere is to encourage you! (there must be some purpose)
    :~)

    forgiven,
    It was a fine Sunday except for being homebound because my husband and I are both ill. It was still good. Have confidence. Bless you.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 12/11/2005 5:44 PM  

  • Sorry to hear that I will pray for you both.

    Thank for the confidence
    SMILE
    I'm at Work today running to fast
    Bless You Sis

    By Blogger forgiven, at 12/11/2005 6:03 PM  

  • So Rose,

    you chose the contrasted picture of yourself...

    I don't like it

    (much in the same way that you do not like my avatar!)

    hehe

    Antonio

    By Blogger Antonio, at 12/11/2005 6:43 PM  

  • Antonio,
    You know what they say about opinions.
    I have decided I am going to regularly change my avatar ... just for fun!
    Why don't you try it sometime? :~)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 12/11/2005 7:13 PM  

  • Rose~ you certainly have done plenty of that.

    God Bless

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 12/12/2005 4:09 AM  

  • Great hymn!

    What astonishes me is that He is faithful to me even when I am not faithful to Him!

    What a God!

    By Blogger Joe, at 12/12/2005 6:50 AM  

  • Joe,
    That is what makes it grace. HIS faithfulness. Amen.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 12/12/2005 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here