Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Potpourri of Thoughts

If there is no God, then why does an atheist have a problem with the phrase "so help me God?"

What is so threatening about a boy having a pocketknife?

Maybe by the time my van dies, electric cars will be affordable.

If blue and yellow make green, what is that color that black and yellow make?

Does anybody ever use the word "unalienable"?

I wonder how many more years I will get out of that van of mine.

Why does a patch of snow in the dark provide a better footing than what looks like a bare sidewalk?

It's cool how the shadows in snow look bluish when the sun is out. Complements in the shadows. Color theory 101.

January is a very bleak, dark and cold month in Ohio.

What would ever motivate someone to "capture" a blogger page?

Who invented YakTrax? That man needs an award!

Or woman.

The sun is rising one minute sooner every day now.

11 Comments:

  • " Does anybody ever use the word "unalienable"?"

    Yes.

    Q: Steve, do you ever worry about an alien invasion from space?

    A: No, I'm unalienable.

    By Blogger Steve Dehner, at 1/20/2009 5:04 PM  

  • Hi Rose,
    Sorry, I'm still learning my manners.
    -steve

    By Blogger Steve Dehner, at 1/20/2009 5:07 PM  

  • Hi Rose,

    If blue and yellow make green, what is that color that black and yellow make?

    It's a specialty color, "nasty bruise"

    By Blogger Daniel, at 1/20/2009 5:41 PM  

  • Rose,

    "I wonder how many more years I will get out of that van of mine"

    I guess it depends on how many more years you keep getting into it!!

    By Blogger David Wyatt, at 1/21/2009 10:02 PM  

  • Hi Rose

    Boy David your sharp as a tack!!!

    I got a chuckle out of that!

    alvin :)

    By Blogger alvin, at 1/22/2009 2:30 AM  

  • David - that was funny, I too chuckled at that.

    By Blogger Daniel, at 1/22/2009 12:03 PM  

  • Steve,
    That was cute :~)

    Daniel,
    Yes, yes. WHen a bruise is dissipating it looks like that color. Ick.

    David Wyatt!!
    I LOLd when I read that last night but I forgot to do any comments in here. You are a funny man to parse these words so closely. heehee What a chuckle.

    Thanks for visiting, Alvin :~)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 1/22/2009 12:15 PM  

  • I thought for sure someone would ask what YakTrax are.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 1/22/2009 12:15 PM  

  • Glad you liked that little attempt at humor!

    OK, I'll bite, what in the world is a YakTrax??

    By Blogger David Wyatt, at 1/24/2009 9:12 PM  

  • Oops!
    David, I forgot to tell you what a YakTrax is. (I got you to bite and then I didn't reel you in, haha.)

    This is a YakTrax. It is invaluable if you want to do any kind of walking through the year in Ohio. I don't know what NC is like, as far as 'slippery' goes, but it can be down-right treacherous here! I hate that rush of adrenalin when my foot slips and I feel like I'm gonna to take a hard spill!!!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 1/29/2009 11:54 AM  

  • Well, ain't that just the neatest thang, Rose! Kinda like snow grips for shoes! While it probably isn't quite as treacherous here in good ol' NC as it is in Ohio, it can get pretty interesting at times. I may just have to check those out! Thanx!

    By Blogger David Wyatt, at 1/30/2009 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here