Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Thursday, March 09, 2006

More email jokes

Brain Test

Below are four (4) questions and a bonus question. You have to answer them instantly. You can't take your time, answer all of them immediately. OK? Let's find out just how clever you really are. Ready? GO!!!

First Question:
You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

Answer: If you answered that you are first, then you are absolutely wrong! If you overtake the second person and you take his place, you are second!

Try not to screw up in the next question. To answer the second question, don't take as much time as you took for the first question.

Second Question:
If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

Answer: If you answered that you are second to last, then you are wrong again. Tell me, how can you overtake the LAST Person?

You're not very good at this! Are you?

Third Question:
Very tricky math! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.
Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000 Now add 10. What is the total?

Did you get five thousand? The correct answer is actually four thousand, one hundred. Don't believe it? Check with your calculator!

Today is definitely not your day. Maybe you will get the last question right?

Fourth Question:
Mary's father has five daughters: 1. Nana, 2. Nene, 3. Nini, 4. Nono.
What is the name of the fifth daughter?

Answer: Nunu? NO! Of course not. Her name is Mary. Read the question again.

Okay, now the bonus round:
There is a mute person who wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing one's teeth he successfully expresses himself to the shopkeeper and the purchase is done. Now if there is a blind man who wishes to buy a pair of sunglasses, how should he express himself?

Answer: He just has to open his mouth and ask.

This blog is really improving, isn't it? :~)

14 Comments:

  • Okay Rose, here's one for you. You have one minute to answer:

    Three men went hiking into the woods, when they realized they had gone too far to return that day. They would have to press on to the next village and spend the night.

    The innkeeper told the men that he only had one available bedroom, but they could share if for $30. Each man agreed, gave him $10, then went to the room.

    After they left, the innkeeper realized that he had accidentally overcharged them. The room was only $25. So he drew $5 from the cash register, gave it to the bell boy, and told him to return it to the three men.

    Unfortunately, the bell boy was dishonest. Thinking that the men would never know the difference, he kept $2 and only returned $3.

    So: Each man gave ten dollars, and each got one dollar back. That means they spent $9 each: nine times three = $27, adn the bell boy kept an additional $2.

    But that's only $29. What happened to the other dollar?

    . . . Go

    By Blogger Cleopas, at 3/09/2006 10:04 PM  

  • Loren! I am working on it! You got me a good one.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 3/09/2006 10:16 PM  

  • OK, there is not $30. That number is no longer applicable. The innkeeper got $25. The men paid the $25, plus a $2 tip to the boy, making a total of $27.

    How did I do? It took me 10 minutes!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 3/09/2006 10:22 PM  

  • Umm, let's just say that it took me a little longer than that ;-)

    By Blogger Cleopas, at 3/10/2006 12:33 AM  

  • Rose, if you really want to be mean and nasty, do something like this on a Monday.

    Glad to hear Chad is better.

    By Blogger Gordon, at 3/10/2006 9:30 AM  

  • I find it interesting that no one comments on how they did with these. Interesting and a relief! ;-)

    By Blogger Kc, at 3/10/2006 9:55 AM  

  • Ok thanks for showing me how completely stupid I am.

    I feel myself becoming more humbled...

    By Blogger Jim, at 3/10/2006 10:45 AM  

  • How in the world could I have gotten the math question wrong and you new I would?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/10/2006 10:58 AM  

  • Improvement is in the eye of the beholder...

    :-)

    I do like the new template quite a bit.

    But what would Calvin say?

    By Blogger Jeff H, at 3/10/2006 10:20 PM  

  • Hi Gordon,
    Oooh! That would be mean and nasty. I have saved many silly emails. I will have to mine them for ones like this for Mondays.

    kc,
    Yes. I will not tell you how bad I did with it. :~)

    Jim,
    You're welcome! :~)

    Dorothy,
    I don't know. Maybe we are all stupid and so the joke just knows.

    Jeff,
    Haha. What do you mean? When I said "this blog is really improving" I was being sarcastic because I haven't written anything for a week. I posted two ridiculous emails and a prayer request. Are you saying that you like this material better than the writing I do? I would find that interesting if that is what you meant. :~)
    About your final question: Why would I care? :~)

    Thanks for the compliment about the template. That is kind.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 3/11/2006 9:10 AM  

  • That was SO much fun! I really enjoy those kinds of "tests" and will steal these from you for my own personal use.

    By Blogger Joe, at 3/11/2006 10:43 AM  

  • Hi Rose~

    That last question is easy. YES!!!

    ~John

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 3/11/2006 11:24 AM  

  • Wow, those we're tricky. I got everything wrong, even Jeff's.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3/11/2006 6:33 PM  

  • I've apparently met my match in the sarcasm department.

    By Blogger Jeff H, at 3/12/2006 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here