Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Speaking My Story

I was asked about a month ago to share today with a women's group my testimony of how I came to be at the church I belong to and work at. I really don't like to talk in front of groups, but I figured that this would not be that difficult since I have enjoyed telling this story many times. I used these passages as a backdrop. I am hoping my next post will contain the actual story that I shared with them.

1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

31Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (Ephesians 4)

8 Comments:

  • Rose, I'm looking forward to this...

    :D Michele

    By Blogger Sanctification, at 10/21/2008 2:37 PM  

  • Well done.

    I dont mind speaking, but I am not so keen on talking about myself.

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 10/21/2008 5:23 PM  

  • Hello Rose :)

    I like nothing more than hearing a story...especially the story of a sister or brother's journey...what a blessing it will be to us to hear your story.

    Aletheia

    By Blogger Aletheia, at 10/21/2008 9:54 PM  

  • I am too busy today to type it out ... hopefullly tomorrow.
    It is so nice of you all to comment.

    Thanks for the visit Aletheia :~)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 10/22/2008 1:31 PM  

  • Lookin forward to hearin your story Rose.

    By Blogger kc bob, at 10/22/2008 4:54 PM  

  • Rose, it somehow came to me yesterday that this,

    Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

    this is you, I read this and I see you, it's a picture of the personality I've come to know.
    -Michele

    By Blogger Sanctification, at 10/22/2008 5:53 PM  

  • Rose,

    Looking forward to your "story." I so very appreciated your salvation testimony. God Bless.

    By Blogger David Wyatt, at 10/22/2008 8:06 PM  

  • It's really long. I'm afraid I might put people to sleep.

    Michele,
    That is sweet of you to say. I haven't arrived by any strech, but I think it is of supreme importance in the truth.

    David,
    You are a dear. :~) thanks

    Bob,
    It's long. I am trying to decide if I should break it and into how many parts.

    Matthew,
    I actually find it easier to talk about the subjective in front of people rather than the objective. You and I are opposite in that. :~)
    Altogether I must say that I do not enjoy speaking in front of people AT ALL. I get real nervous.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 10/23/2008 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here