Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Psalm 100:5

I heard some talking-head on TV the other night say something like, "50 years from now no one will remember what was done." The truth of that grabbed ahold of me as it has on other occasions. I realized again as I have in the past that life is but a vapor. Sometimes the vapor aspect of human life really blows me away.

Once I was sitting at a stop light and I thought about the persihable human beings in all the cars around me. I tried to imagine what the landscape would look like if all the persihable human bodies would dissapear really quickly, as though time just sped ahead 100 years but humanity didn't. Even the ones in the baby seats would be gone. There would be empty cars sittting there and garbage would be blowing around in the streets... almost like a scene from a science fiction movie. People and our little worlds of activities all seem so important to us, but they are so vaporous! Then the horn blew behind me and I got on my way.

What will be here 100 years from now? The details are not clear, but one thing is for sure. God isn't going to change! He is good and just, holy and gracious, loving and kind. He is the eternal being and His mercy is everlasting. With Him is where eternity is. Thinking and learning about Him is investing thought and time in that which will last. Clinging to His mercy and truth is holding onto a mighty rope that leads through the fog... and over into "forever."

In all likelihood, our descendants will be here 100 years from now. It is good to know that God's mercy will still be available. Truth will not change any more than God will.


5 For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.

6 Comments:

  • Hi, Rose!

    I really like that picture. :)

    This is certainly not remotely near forever.

    By Blogger Missy, at 10/02/2008 5:46 PM  

  • Given how much technology has exploded, I cannot even imagine what every day life will be like 50-100 years from now.

    But I take great refuge in what you pointed out: God will not change.

    Hallelujah!

    By Blogger Joe, at 10/03/2008 6:45 AM  

  • Missy,
    Yeah, I like those pictures too. This one on the post and the new profile pic (and the old profile pic) are by an artist named Vladimir Kush. I really lke his work.
    "Not even remotely" - exactly!

    Dear Joe,
    That is a thought - what if the advances from the last 50 years are mirrired in the next 50 years. Wow - that would be unimaginable. Yet, God will not change! He can't advance cuz He is already the all-in-all.
    Joe, thank you for visiting my blog. :~)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 10/03/2008 5:58 PM  

  • mirrored

    By Blogger Rose~, at 10/03/2008 5:59 PM  

  • Nice art and post combination.

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 10/04/2008 7:13 AM  

  • Thank you , Matthew. I am trying.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 10/05/2008 11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here