Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Quote From Michael Moore ... or is it Michael Moron?

QUOTE: "The reasons my films have been, I think, popular amongst teenagers is because I'm, like, an adult your dad's age, but I'm telling you to stick it to the man! I want young people to rebel. I want them to break the rules, to not just do what they're told. ... I've always been happy in the past when teenagers have downloaded pirated copies of my movies, because my movies to this point have always been R-rated. Teenagers should be able to see my movies, and they haven't been able to, so they're downloading them and they're sharing them, and I think that's great. ... At 17 you go, 'That Michael Moore must be cool, because Mom and Dad think that he sucks. So the more parents that are watching Fox News and saying, 'Don't listen to that Michael Moore,' I think it's just code to their teenagers to maybe pay attention to some of the things I'm saying. ... So I want young people to come to my movie and to go, 'Yeah, yeah! Go Mike! F--- 'em up.'"

—Michael Moore, whose latest movie, Sicko, takes on the health care industry and its surrounding political issues [mtv.com, 6/27/07]

8 Comments:

  • Moron, no doubt. He fulfills Romans 1:28-32 to a "T", & especially v.32.

    By Blogger David Wyatt, at 7/04/2007 10:39 PM  

  • Definitely a moron but I was thoroughly convinced of that before this quote. By the way, just what were you doing at mtv.com anyway?

    By Blogger mas, at 7/05/2007 9:36 AM  

  • Michael Moore is a silly man.

    But maybe his latest movie makes a good point; I have not seen it (or any of his others). Do I get that reasonable blogger award for this comment?

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 7/05/2007 12:00 PM  

  • I am no fan of MM, he strikes me as proud, arrogant, and unteachable, and I find the opinions of such people to be typically as sharp as they are shallow. It is rather fitting that his mockumentaries are becoming a parody of themselves.

    By Blogger Daniel, at 7/06/2007 7:52 AM  

  • Hi David,
    Yes he is a great sample.

    mas,
    I ddidn't go to the mtv site, (not that I am beneath that!) I got the quote in an email.

    DF,
    No. I am sorry, no reasonable blogger award given out for given consideration to MM. You are pretty reasonable, though. I am watching you. :~)

    Daniel,
    Indeed. Look at the quote. What a silly man, as DF says. He appeals to rebellion in young people. He wants them to think he is cool because their parents don't like him. He is quite "silly".

    By Blogger Rose~, at 7/06/2007 8:29 AM  

  • He wants teenagers to rebel? Are most of them in America already doing that? He is definitely a "moron"...

    In Christ,

    angela

    By Blogger Angela, at 7/06/2007 10:57 AM  

  • I am glad you concur, Angela. You are right - how does anyone need to encourage teenagers to rebel? ha!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 7/06/2007 11:32 AM  

  • Looks like his pirating ethic is similar to his film-making ethic.

    By Blogger Jonathan Moorhead, at 7/08/2007 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here