Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Thank you to my friends who wished me a happy Mother's Day.
- and to the friend that didn't wish me a happy Mother's Day because Mother's Day was in March in his country - (although I don't know why that would prevent him from wishing me a happy Mother's Day in May, seeing as how it was Mother's Day to me, an American. Oh well.)

I had a really great Mother's Day!
John took the baby to the store and bought me some red roses first thing in the morning. Just taking the baby to the store with him was thoughtful. I got out of bed and had my morning coffee with my lap all to myself - which was kind of nice for a change. Then, he made French Toast for breakfast. This was really a treat.

The kids had made me things at school - book-type presents where they wrote things about me. These kinds of projects are always delightful to read. Daddy also helped them put together a little wooden stool for me.

We went to church and heard a message - about mothers - from our missionary to Quebec City, Tim Vermilyea. It was really neat. He went through biblical descriptions of motherhood. One of them he cited was the apostle Paul!

But we were gentle among you, just as a nursing mother cherishes her own children. (1 Thess. 2:7)

We came home and I played catch with the baseball and my 11 year old son. I then put on roller-blades for the second time in my life (I promised my 9 year old daughter that I would learn how to roller-blade this summer). This probably provided much humorous entertainment for the surrounding neighbors. What a sight it must be to see me on roller blades! Scary.

Then, we "ordered out" for Chinese food. Or - as Matthew would say: we had Chinese "take-away." John picked it up and we all ate peacefully around the table.

It was a wonderful day ... the best Mother's Day I have ever had!

18 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Colin Maxwell, at 5/14/2007 11:43 AM  

  • Hi Rose! I remember preaching years ago on a "Mothering Sunday" as it is sometimes called, when in Australia. I took the most natural text of all for the occasion: "Behold thy mother" (John 19:27) I misled the sermon and can't access my outline or content.

    By Blogger Colin Maxwell, at 5/14/2007 11:44 AM  

  • Glad you had a great day, old friend!

    Blessings,
    Mark

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 5/14/2007 11:54 AM  

  • Colin,
    Your second entry was so much better than the first one! Very good! It is important for everyone to remember that the purpose of this blog is to MAKE ME FEEL GOOD ... and greetings go a long way toward this end.
    (tongue firmly implanted in cheek)

    ;~) :~)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 5/14/2007 1:31 PM  

  • Bluecollar,
    Did you just call me "old"?!?!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 5/14/2007 1:31 PM  

  • You mean you don't say 'take away' in Yanklandic?

    You say 'I had a Chinese order-out'?

    Funny Mark calling you 'old.'

    I have heard some English people say that Americans look younger than British people of the same age.

    Looking at your photos, Rose and the photos of other Yank bloggers, I think it is so true.

    Americans do look younger than British people of the same age.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 5/14/2007 2:47 PM  

  • Hi Rose!

    I'm so thankful you had such a wonderful day. I think that's important for all young people now and again. ;-)

    By Blogger Kc, at 5/14/2007 5:47 PM  

  • "Old friend" is a term of endearment. Let's see, I'm 50 and you're 40... Hmmm, mathmatically it just wouln't seem logical for me to have used that term any other way.

    Sorry for having used it and causing such confusion.

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 5/15/2007 6:43 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 5/15/2007 7:19 AM  

  • Hi Rose,
    We had a good time on Mothering Sunday too. It's nice to do for someone who does so much for us (your family).

    The Chinese phone-up, convenient-order, pick-up, take-away, carry-out, put-in-car, bring-home, eat-up, gobble-down, was the right thing to do. It made much more sense than going out to fight the crowds to eat a meal. Especially if Levi decides to cry! Young and old friends will gasp at this article! ;-)

    John

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 5/15/2007 7:26 AM  

  • DF,
    Actually no, we don't say "take away". We would say "take-out" more than anything around these parts. If Americans look younger, I wonder why. Is it because of our form of government? Or maybe it is just because we are so far away from the French?

    KC!
    Thanks for stopping by. I hope you and your grandson are well.

    Mark!
    I know. I was just taking the opportunity to feign indignity. (that is fun) I knew what you meant! just teasing with ya! ;~)

    J. Wendell,
    "Mothering Sunday" is interesting no? I think I know what article you linked to. You are funny.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 5/15/2007 8:36 AM  

  • Rose! Thanks for clearing that up. Also, thanks for using my name. If I can figure out how to change the name that goes with my avatar w/o messing up my entire blog I would change from traveling around blogdom as "bluecollar". I guess that is one more thing to have to figure out about these blogs.

    Have a good day old, old, old, old....

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 5/15/2007 9:58 AM  

  • ... there now, is there more indignity coming my way?

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 5/15/2007 10:00 AM  

  • ... Ooops, I forgot to add this...
    :-)

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 5/15/2007 10:02 AM  

  • Mark, "bluecollar" is your "display name". If you want to change it, go to the dashboard, (the page that comes up when you log in), I believe you just click on "edit profile" on the right and find the section that says "display name" and put the name you want on your comments there. This will also change the name on your posts: "posted at 10:10 am by ---"

    I hope that helps!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 5/16/2007 3:19 PM  

  • More simply: change your display name in your profile.

    :~)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 5/16/2007 3:20 PM  

  • Morning Rose!

    sorry I didn't get around to wishing ya a happy mommy day!
    Glad ya had a good one ! :)

    By Blogger jel, at 5/17/2007 8:00 AM  

  • Thanks for the instruction, friend. :)

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 5/17/2007 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here