Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What is going on ....

You know, there is so much going on around blogdom. I feel that I am really missing out because I don’t have time to read and interact. I skim through things, glance at the comments, and then I must get out of blogdom before I can properly read and digest anything ... let alone make a comment! For example, over here at this blog, there is some very interesting posting going on. I actually read the latest entry, but the lengthier articles forbode me because of my lack of time. Like this one: here, by Antonio. I just love the title of it and I am sure I could find some way to disagree with him, or maybe not. hehe

Over at the Bluecollar Blog, Mark is going through extended efforts to post a complete sermon by Spurgeon. I believe he was prompted to do this because on this post, which I found quite disturbing, Brian (Bhedr) posted a portion of Spurgeon's sermon to illustrate a point contrary to the post. Apparently, Mark thinks that Brian took the long quote out of context and that Spurgeon (his homeboy) was really in the Lordship camp. So, Mark is posting the entire sermon to prove his point. I wish I could read it! I do like a lot of Spurgeon's sermons, but where is the time? These blogs are so full of words and they take many minutes to read and reflect on.

Then, at another blog that I visit occasionally, I saw a post last week that prompted me to comment because
1. It was a short post
2. The conundrum presented was so easy!
In a rare moment of agreement on these issues, Daniel commented that he thought I was right after I posted my comment. (One Calvinist commenter was really left scratching his head.) Since then, I am sure the other shoe has dropped and I would not be so easy to agree with, but do I have time to read Daniel's long posts? Here is a listing of them:
How It Happens..., Carnal Christianity Part I - False Converts, Romans Seven..., Carnal Christianity Part II and Carnal Christianity Part III. Man, I wish I did!

Over at Doxoblogy, Jeremy posts that only Calvinists can have peace in the midst of trials. He seems to think that "Arminians" (by which I am sure he means any non-Calvinist) do not know about the sovereignty of God, his protection, and the fact that all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to his purpose. Now, that was a short post, posted while he is on a cruise ship with James White, Steve Camp and others. (Ah! The lightbulb just went on. I think I know where that post came from.) I could've commented easily, but Jeremy doesn't respond to my jabs anymore ... and that just takes all the fun out of it!

Over at this blog, Antonio has been writing some posts that are interesting sounding: Will All True Christians be Presented Blameless at the Judgment Seat of Christ? And … Is Eternal Security an Optional Component of the Gospel? I am certain that these would make me think and that I may have a few comments to make, agreeable ... or maybe not? We'll never know because I don't have the time to read the posts!

I noticed that KC responded to Antonio about eternal security and the knowledge of it being essential to salvation, over here, which I am sure would be a good read as well, but NO! I have no time to read these blogs which require so much time and contemplation. I don't have it right now!

I am having a baby in 6 weeks (or less, hopefully less) and I feel like my life is about to become very crazy and that I will be "chained to the baby", having no time to do anything. I always feel this way at this point in a pregnancy. I have a list of many thing to do. Some of these things are things that I have put off for even 3 years! Suddenly, over the past month, I have entered panic mode and I feel like I must get it all done before the baby comes. Crazy, I know.

Remember the bathroom that John and I were tearing out and remodeling?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It has been done for about a month, (boy did that take a long time!), but I still have to make the window treatment (valance) for it. Look, here sits the fabric, just waiting for me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have taken some time in the last month to work on the baby's room. I painted it with a green wash. Obviously, there is still some more work to do in there.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday, I caulked all the windows in the house. This was another project that I had put off since July. It was only an interior cosmetic caulk job!

Perhaps the biggest of all my projects is SCRAPBOOKING! I keep one scrapbook for each of our three children .... and one to keep for myself when they grow up and leave, taking their own books. These books are like a history, or a survey of their lives from year to year. I was THREE YEARS BEHIND on these things! Sheesh, I was almost starting to forget what some of the pictures were! Well, I am about halfway done with catching their books up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh, I found an interesting new blog. I wish I could read it thoroughly! It seems this guy and Antonio have some history together. It is neat to skim the comments going back and forth between the two of them and others jumping in also. Gojira is his screen name. He also posted a response to one of Antonio's entries on his own blog.

This blog is the one thing I CAN do. His posts are light-hearted and very short. I visit and comment almost daily because it is do-able. I have that much time, yes. I love the chap.

There are many other great blogs that I haven't mentioned, which I also miss.
Hopefully, I will get caught up on my projects soon. I will be back around your blogs!

I am still be posting here, seldom as it may be.

Don't be surprised if I pop over to your blog and say hi. After the baby is born and I get in the swing of it, I am sure I will be back to more intense reading and commenting! I love blogging, I do.

23 Comments:

  • Rose~, you are starting to write with the authority of one of those famous bloggers. You know the sort.

    Antonio seemed to feature a lot in this post. It is great that you are giving Free Grace theology and the Lordship Salvation controversy this attention.

    I am glad you like my short post format. I just do not have the time for long posts.

    Now that you have another baby coming, you might want to consider instituting a strict shoes-off policy.

    A lot of people decide to ban shoes in their homes when they think about the possibility of their child crawling on floors that have been trodden on by all the appalling stuff from peoples' shoes.

    Every Blessing in Christ

    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 11/14/2006 4:49 PM  

  • Hi Rose,
    When I retire in 20 years man am I going to do some blogging then(I over dramatize).

    And consider just a Wipe-the-shoes-off-at-the-door policy as probably adequate. No offense Matthew. My 7 year old has been lead into a Shoes-off mentality by our babysitter and I have to use some of my finest arguementative skills really just to keep things in my favor. I sense a final showdown not too far off.

    Very limited time to venture out into blogdom myself Rose so don't feel too bad. I'm trying to figure out how to make a little bit go a long way.

    Must have been a really embarrassing spam you got, I wish I'd seen it.

    See you next time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2006 5:05 PM  

  • Rose-arita,

    Pop that baby out!

    I have suggestions for more time:

    1) go to bed later
    2) wake up earlier
    3) Make more lists for John
    4) Hire a live-in maid
    5) Make charts for the kids

    I think that should help with a couple hours a day!

    We are praying for you sister!

    Antonio

    By Blogger Antonio, at 11/14/2006 5:16 PM  

  • Phew!

    Well I fear we will be seeing less and less of you and John, but that is good for the new child.

    You guys take one day at a time and a little note here and there will be all blogdom will need for the next little while.

    I am tempted to go in the lighthearted direction as well.

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 11/14/2006 10:03 PM  

  • Hi Rose,

    A truth comes shining through . . . in blogging, less is more. People will actually read a short article; comments will focus on the same basic point instead of scattergunning between several points (in addition to tangents.) The blog author will feel a more direct response and a better sense of connection, and will feel rewarded for their thoughts.

    Less is also more in how often we post. It is easy to burn people out. I've learned that twice a week should be the max.

    In about six weeks the circumstances of your life will bring you to this reality in a very pertinent way. There is simply not enough time to spare! But everyone else (except Steve Camp) is also facing a time crunch, so being concise is doing yourself and everyone else a favor.

    Speaking of which, this comment is long enough. Hope you're doing well!

    By Blogger loren, at 11/14/2006 10:15 PM  

  • Rose,

    Looks like you all did a superb job on your bathroom remodel. How long did it take?

    That's great that you're scrapbooking for your children and yourselves. I LOVE the idea of scrapbooking. I've bought lots of scrapbooking "stuff", but I've never sat down to put anything together. I'm hoping to do so one day.

    Oh my goodness! You caulked the inside of your whole house? You go girl! I guess I'm a bit old-fashioned on that front. Or maybe I'm just too lazy? =:o Caulking is for a man to do! ;-)

    I'm praying that God gives you lots of energy when the new baby arrives.

    By Blogger Dawn, at 11/15/2006 1:42 AM  

  • Sis, we miss the wisdom of both you and John but truly appreciate your priorities. The nesting instinct and the strength to accomplish it are both blessings from God. ;-)

    With respect to Matthew’s blog, can you really zip through those Darby selections? (grin) I too, however, am addicted to his work here and even especially those selections. ;-)

    May God continue to bless you all.

    By Blogger Kc, at 11/15/2006 6:20 AM  

  • Hi Rose,
    Wow! Uncle Sam gave me a day off! What will I do with all my time?
    I think I will help you pack lunches for our kids and get them off to school, that is if the boys ever wake up from the monthly Cub Scout Pack meeting that went on forever last night.

    Then, while your at work, I hope to rake the leaves, mow the lawn, and put the winterize fertilizer down. Then I’ll need to take a quick shower, and get over to the school for a thanksgiving feast the kids are having for their parents (I have such rare opportunities to do such things).

    When I get home I will prepare our continuing lessons “Seeing Jesus in the OT” for ABF. Then when the kids get home I will be here (another rare opportunity) to help them get settled, organized, and get them going on their homework, so it will be done before their respective bi-weekly Cub Scout Den meetings tonight.

    And now, I’ll be adding to my list scrap booking, and sewing? Thanks Antonio! :~)

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 11/15/2006 7:35 AM  

  • Hi Matthew!
    Hmmm ... me write with authority? That is an interesting thought. I feel like I usually write with a lack of authority ... more questions than anything else. Maybe pregnancy is giving me some chutzpah (sp)?
    I do like your blog.
    OK, OK, I will think more about shoes off. Actually, we pretty much do the shoes off thing, it is just not a strict rule.

    Hello Todd,
    Yes, I have seen your posting and commenting and I can tell that you have little time - sporadically available. I always do enjoy it when I read your comments around blogdom. I really liked your interactions with Evan May in the past. ;~)

    Hi brother Antonio!
    See John's comment below - I don't think he likes the idea of my pet projects being added to his lists. I did however, make him a list today per his request - sweep out van, get bassinet out of attic, get car seat down, etc... Thanks for your suggestions! I can't do the stay up later get up earlier right now though. I guess it is something about having your body occupied by another human life that really makes you need sleep! :~)
    Thanks for praying for me. That means so much to me.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 11/15/2006 12:05 PM  

  • Hi Brian,
    Thanks for the care. Lighthearted is a good addition to any blog, I think. God bless.

    LOREN! It is LOREN! ... not CLEOPAS!
    How wonderful to see you, Loren. You look so young in your photo. I think you are right about the less is more thing. I saw one of your blogs where you are giving guidelines for blogging. I thought they were very interesting and I remember this was one of them.
    I hope you are doing well also! LOREN!

    Hi Dawn,
    Scrapbooking? Beware - it is like grabbing a tiger by the tail. Once you start, you want to stick with it and if you let it go without doing it for long lengths of time, it can be like a thing hanging over your head. That is how it is with me - because I am commmitted to doing it until they are 18. I really think they will appreciate it when they are older, though. I dont have a lot of pictures of me when I was young and I think I would love to have a book that said what happened from year to year. I think things have a lower chance of becoming distorted in their memories that way.
    Caulking is for a man to do? Hmmmm... this was cosmetic and I think of cosmetics as being for women. :~)
    Thanks for your prayers, Dawn!

    Hi KC,
    Truly I wish I could engage your post. I wish I could read it! I think you are right - this IS nesting. I hadn't even thought of it that way.
    (Secret - I often don't read the Darby selections. shhhhh....)

    John,
    I know we are both busy, but couldn't you do a page or two in the SCRAPBOOKS? hehe

    By Blogger Rose~, at 11/15/2006 12:14 PM  

  • Now I gotta get back to work - oh my, look at the time.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 11/15/2006 12:15 PM  

  • Hi Rose,
    just checking in to se how you were doing?


    Blessings

    By Blogger jel, at 11/15/2006 2:21 PM  

  • for got to say I like the way you did the baby's room! :)

    By Blogger jel, at 11/15/2006 2:24 PM  

  • Hi Rose,

    You do a better blogspotting that Phil at pyro.

    Gojira

    By Blogger Gojira, at 11/15/2006 2:49 PM  

  • Jel,
    Thanks. You are so friendly. The baby's room needs some stuff on the walls. I need to get a mattress for the crib...

    Gojira,
    Ha! That is funny to say. It was just my way of saying that I know there are lots of interesting things going on and that I wish I could participate! (I also snuck in a few opinions too...) It was fun.
    Why don't you go and participate? hmmm? Over at a couple of the links that you are not so familiar with?

    By Blogger Rose~, at 11/15/2006 3:48 PM  

  • Hmmmm........Bluecollar blog, huh? I found the post disturbing, too. Then I looked up and saw that it didn't say Council of Trent, and well, I knew right off it was someone in RCIA classes. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Okay, maybe it wasn't that funny..........Okay, I got a kick out of it.......I guess I'll go bug Matthew.

    By Blogger Gojira, at 11/15/2006 9:08 PM  

  • Wow Rose, the exchange with Evan May. That really jump started me into my battle against empty theological rhetoric. I sure was green then. This blogging is such an effective christian growth tool when used wisely and I look forward to much more with great interest albeit in measured little spurts here and there. Thanks for being logged on over there in Ohio. With my best to John as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2006 11:23 AM  

  • Rose,

    let me know if you are and/or were anathamized

    By Blogger Gojira, at 11/19/2006 7:52 PM  

  • Hey Rose, great to get a little window into what's going on in your life lately. Scrapbooking seems like a beautiful way to cherish God's gifts to you.

    Woulnd't know though, no time!

    ;)

    What happened with Evan May?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11/19/2006 11:51 PM  

  • Gojira,
    Very funny! Yes, it reminded me of the pressure that I felt as an unsaved Catholic to be a good little girl and follow Christ.
    When you say let me know if you are and/or were anathamized ... what are you referring to?

    Hi Jodie,
    Evan May - remember when Todd was going back and forth with him - months ago - I think you were involved too. Yes, I am sure you were. I thought both you and Todd made some great points ... but of course, no matter how you challenge some of these reformed people, it moves them not.
    It is great to see you Jodie!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 11/20/2006 11:49 AM  

  • Hi mommy to be!

    My prayers are with you.

    No, I am not RCIA. My church is independant, Baptistic and reformed in tenor.

    As far as I know you are not anathamatized. In fact, I LOVE your visits to my blog. Come when you can. The Spurgeon sermon is over now.

    Mark

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 11/21/2006 4:29 PM  

  • Hi Mark,
    It is nice of you to pop over.
    I know you are not RCIA. That post reminded me of such Catholic instruction though, sorry to say. Most of your posts DO NOT! ... just that particular one.
    Anathemized - I am by the Catholic church. My mother's priests don't appreciate my theology at all!

    I will be looking at your blog regularly, Mark.
    Thanks for your prayers.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 11/22/2006 9:36 AM  

  • She actually responded to little ole me! Swoon.

    Well, off to Mass now. :)

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 11/22/2006 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here