Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Monday, November 06, 2006

Crosswords: Propitiation

Could you stand to hear some excellent gospel preaching on Romans 3:25 from my pastor, Philip De Courcy?
Go here and then click on the November 5, A.M. message on the left side of the web page.

I know there are things that my friends from various camps could nitpik ... But I thought it was a great message ... I was edified by being a hearer!

I hope some of you will have time to listen to it.
(I especially hope my anonymous visitor from a few weeks ago will.)

If you do, take note of these things near then end:

31:59 - he speaks about what is and is not the means of salvation.

I wondered about what he said on 33:46. Is this the doctrine of "imputed righteousness"? I am just curious.

When he got to 34:00 I think I almost heard him say "Absolutely Free!"

Near the end of his sermon, soon after the above references, he talked about "total dependence." I thought it was an excellent point and rules out looking to one's self for assurance. (But then there is that nitpicking...) What do you think?

5 Comments:

  • Good message, very basic gospel presentation especially geared at those who would try and add to the "Free Grace" given by Christ Jesus.

    (31:59) Good point! Purgatory is truly abhorent.

    (33:46) Sounds like a great deal to me, all of Christ's for all of mine.

    (34:00) Free of charge definitely sounds like "absolutely free".

    By Blogger Jim, at 11/06/2006 3:20 PM  

  • I am glad you listened to it, Jim!
    It sounds like you heard it the way I did.
    Have a great week.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 11/06/2006 5:40 PM  

  • Sorry Rose,
    tryed to listen , but couldn't get to load, Dialup Grrr



    take care

    By Blogger jel, at 11/07/2006 10:20 AM  

  • Well, thanks for trying jel!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 11/07/2006 10:52 AM  

  • Hi Rose,

    I haven't listened to the sermon yet, but I certainly will. I noodled around the web site some. A great church.

    Gojira

    By Blogger Gojira, at 11/08/2006 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here