Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Where was I?

People that read here - you are so kind. I just wanted to tell you where I was! John, the kids and I went to a little cottage on a little lake in the "Irish Hills" of Michigan. It was beautiful and very relaxing. We spent time fishing, canoeing, swimming and bike riding. It was so nice to be away from the busy-ness. I would love to post pictures of the kids ... and the great big fish Elliot caught, but I am a little paranoid about posting pictures of my young kids.

The lake is called Pickerel Lake, but we never saw any Pickerel. John said the cottage was built on a skewed foundation and that because nothing was level and plum (sp?), it made him dizzy. I had no such problem. What does that mean? Am I already dizzy ... or do I adapt more easily?

We are happy to be back to the cleanliness and comforts of home. (and level-ness). I don't know if I can catch up with reading all your blogs, but I will look here and there and pick up with the new.

Next post - hopefully coming Monday: A Morbid Subject

11 Comments:

  • It is great to see you back.

    Was it really that dirty?

    God Bless

    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 6/18/2006 10:08 AM  

  • Welcome back sis!

    I've had my fill of pick-er-el. I think it's "plumb" and it seems your sense of balance is not tied to your visual perception. After all cleanliness is next to...

    Now about morbidity, I'm well baited. ;-)

    By Blogger Kc, at 6/18/2006 10:17 AM  

  • John would have problems visiting a lot of the houses out here. Some of the older ones are really not level, and quite visibly so inside!

    My dad loves fishing. He would probably enjoy vacation on a lake, but would spend a lot of the time fishing and then the rest of the time cleaning and cooking the fish.

    By Blogger Angie, at 6/18/2006 5:39 PM  

  • Hi Rose,

    Welcome back. Looking forward to your next posting with morbid interest :)

    By Blogger Cleopas, at 6/18/2006 10:50 PM  

  • Glad you're back, Rose! This MORBID subject, it's not on "Calvinism", is it ;~)?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/19/2006 3:34 AM  

  • It seems reasonings is experiencing technical difficulties. I hope it's not too serious!

    By Blogger Kc, at 6/19/2006 8:22 AM  

  • Matthew,
    Yes - according to my standard of cleanliness, which is pretty high, even though I don't insist on shoes off at the door every time. ;~)

    KC,
    I am glad to bait you, my friend. What technical difficulties?

    Hello IBEX,
    After a week at the cottage, I am sure living in a non-plumb, non-level home would torture John. Hmmm - (evil laugh)
    We never ate any of the fish. I am glad because they weren't of the tasty variety. The lion's share (we caught about 20 of these)were small bluegill (it was fun)and the big one was a large-mouth bass, which, if I understand correctly, are not the best to eat.

    Loren,
    Thanks!

    Bobby,
    NO! ... absolutely not that morbid. ;~)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 6/19/2006 8:46 AM  

  • Your going to give the pastoral bloggers some advice on giving funerals aren't you, Rose~?

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 6/19/2006 8:57 AM  

  • Hi Rose,
    Glad you had a great time!


    take care

    By Blogger jel, at 6/19/2006 9:32 AM  

  • It may be the difficulties were on my end but I had to sneak in through the back door this morning. All seems well now. ;-)

    By Blogger Kc, at 6/19/2006 9:57 AM  

  • Welcome Back, adaptable, plumb Rose.

    So very glad you and yours had a good time.

    Buegills are a very sweet tasting fish. You missed a treat there.

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 6/19/2006 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here