Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Monday, August 14, 2006

Some changes in profile

Tomorrow, I will have to change my profile. No, I will not be removing my interest in “Non-Calvinism” (he he), but I will be changing my age to “over the hill.” (ha ha) I will be 40 tomorrow. Actually, I am sort of feigning the drama – this age thing sort of creeps up: when I was in my twenties, I sorta felt like I was just a very much more grown up teenager, a young adult. I could still relate to those under 20 pretty easily. Then, when I turned 30 I thought “So? Big deal…” – it really did not feel all that different – teenager and young adult were still right behind me and I just felt a little more established as I had begun to have children and was maturing emotionally and spiritually. However, something happened after I turned about 36. I really have felt as though the younger me is a thing of the past! Do any of those reading this understand what I am talking about? So, turning 40 is not that dramatic, it is just par for the course!

My husband, John really created a dramatic birthday surprise for me a couple of nights ago. He tricked me! Here is how he did it: The ladies in my "Sunday School" class started passing around a sign-up sheet for a "ladies night out" about 3 weeks ago. (This was all part of John’s plan.) The lady organizing it said we would go out to dinner and then go for a walk together at the local metropark. There were about 9 of us women and we got to the metropark and started walking. Then, we turned a corner and … shazaam! There were about 75 people standing under one of the picnic table/shelters all saying "SURPRISE!" to me. My reaction was so silly - I ran behind a bush and hid. Then, I came out as they were singing “Happy Birthday”, and my surprise just kept unfolding as I saw people from several different parts of my world - like friends from church, my family, John's family, neighbors, Sunday School class etc... It was so unexpected ... it shocked me!

My face was red for 5 solid minutes, according to my brother.

Speaking of surprises, my profile is changing in another way, too. No, I don’t mean my blogger profile. I am talking about “profile” as in the view of someone from the side. My abdomen is becoming rather “swollen” because John and I have the #4 child on the way! This blessing will come to us right around Christmas … we have about 4 months to go. Wow. This must be God’s plan because it certainly wasn’t ours! This was quite a surprise!

Life is just full of surprises ... and changes in profile!

28 Comments:

  • Congratulations Rose! How wonderful.

    By Blogger Jonathan Moorhead, at 8/14/2006 10:11 AM  

  • Happy birthday, congratulations and Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger Gordon, at 8/14/2006 10:28 AM  

  • Aw! This is my first time to your site and I enjoy it very much. How cute! I can relate to the being 20 years old yet still feeling like I can connect with teens because that's where I am at. As I read your post I was just thinking how I'd like to have a positive attitude like yours throughout my whole life, even when unexpected suprises pop up around the corner. Thanks for your peaceful presence!

    By Blogger Katelyn Ashley, at 8/14/2006 1:24 PM  

  • Congratulations!!!

    40 is cool, and babies are cooler.

    By Blogger Neil, at 8/14/2006 1:36 PM  

  • Happy Birthday and Congrat, what a christmas present, to get!

    blessings,

    and don't sweat being 40 wait 5 years :)

    By Blogger jel, at 8/14/2006 2:32 PM  

  • Congratulations on the baby and have a wonderful birthday, Rose!

    I'm 25 and can't relate at all to the kids I work with this summer (10-12 year olds). I really cannot remember much about being their age (I think I have supressed those memories)...

    By Blogger Angie, at 8/14/2006 11:58 PM  

  • Hi Rose,

    Happy Birthday to you! I waited till after midnight (your time) so I could be the first.

    Loren

    By Blogger Cleopas, at 8/15/2006 12:41 AM  

  • Happy Birthday,Rose! Congratulations on the good news of that blessed event come this December.

    By Blogger mark pierson, at 8/15/2006 8:56 AM  

  • Happy Birthday Rose! And Congrats on the new baby!

    That was so sweet of John to surprise you like that! My husband knows BETTER! LOL But that's just me. Really.

    Haven't you heard? 40 is the new 20! ;-)

    By Blogger Dawn, at 8/15/2006 3:06 PM  

  • Lol,

    such a quant subject for the post:

    change in profile!

    LOL

    it is delightful

    (I have been wanting to use that word for a few days)

    Congratulations on a year older and a child greater!

    Antonio

    By Blogger Antonio, at 8/15/2006 4:43 PM  

  • dittos on everyones coments to you. May your house continue to be filled with laughter.

    By Blogger Bhedr, at 8/15/2006 5:03 PM  

  • Hey everybody - thanks for the well-wishes. I had a great day - I went to the Real Seafood Company on the River here in Toledo for a birthday dinner with my family. I had stuffed flounder. It was a very enjoyable birthday evening.

    Katie,
    Thanks for your visit. I must confess ... I don't always have such a good attitude, but eventually, I usually get there. It often takes a lot of time for me ... attitude adjustment!
    I will check out your blog.

    Antonio,
    I am glad someone found humor in my little play on words!

    Ahhh 40 is the new 20 ...

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/15/2006 9:31 PM  

  • Happy birthday, Rose!

    I vaguely remember that profile change in my life.

    By Blogger Joe, at 8/16/2006 7:19 AM  

  • Hi Joe!
    I vaguely remember that profile change in my life

    Do you mean when you turned 40 ... or when your abdomen began to swell? (Just kiddin! I hope you can take that kind of teasing!)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/16/2006 11:59 AM  

  • Greetings! 1st time here and I 'm leaving a thank you note as you suggest.

    Sounds like you have a great husband.

    And congratulations on #4.

    God bless.

    By Blogger Curious Servant, at 8/16/2006 1:09 PM  

  • Awesome news on the upcoming addition. We just had our 7th child.

    Children indeed are a blessing.

    By Blogger Jim, at 8/16/2006 2:13 PM  

  • Rose,

    I see that although your profile is changing, your profile hasn't changed.

    It still says '39'

    hehe

    By Blogger Antonio, at 8/16/2006 10:41 PM  

  • Teasing?

    You were teasing?

    Whew!

    By Blogger Joe, at 8/17/2006 7:24 AM  

  • Hi Rose~

    Great profile! Have a god day! :)

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 8/17/2006 11:36 AM  

  • Hi Curious,
    Thanks for your visit and your well wishes. I have seen you around the places where I frequent. I will check out your blog too.

    Hi Jim,
    I was the sixth out of seven children. It makes things very interesting, doesn't it? I don't think I will be trying to match my mom and dad. :~)
    Congratulations on your child!

    Well, thank you Antonio. I had changed it in my profile, but I guess one must republish their blog to get the profile to chnge on their blog page. So now it is done! Phew - you just weren't going to let that one get by, were you? lol :~)

    Joe,
    Yes, I am an expert teaser. I only tease those I think can take it! (sometimes I am wrong about who those people are, but...)

    Hi J. Wendell,
    I will have a good and godly day. :~)

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/17/2006 1:29 PM  

  • I hope you are not going to stop blogging because of the new developments. There has been a lull at the Rose factory lately.

    By Blogger Jonathan Moorhead, at 8/19/2006 12:26 PM  

  • Rose, I'm so thankful for you and for all God's wonderful blessings to you. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday too and I'm very sorry to have been away on the special day. I'm having a hard time relating all my thoughts at the moment but my heart is so full. May God continue to keep you so close.

    By Blogger Kc, at 8/19/2006 1:32 PM  

  • Happy Birthday, Rose!

    By Blogger Bobby Grow, at 8/19/2006 4:52 PM  

  • Jonathan,
    I am tired. I will not stop blogging, though. Right now I am home from church with a vomitous 6 year old. Perhaps I can write something now. Life is busy!

    KC,
    Thanks, brother! You are a blessing. I hope that you are doing OK. Miss ya!

    Thanks Bobby!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/20/2006 9:45 AM  

  • Congrats, Rose, I turn 40 this Sunday, August 27th.

    I have been giving a lot of teasing to a few people in our church who got there before me by a few months this year, saying things like "well, you are in your forties, while I am still in my thirties" and such. I figured I would just duck out near my birthday, but then lo, and behold, it is on a Sunday. I am in big trouble...

    By Blogger Even So..., at 8/23/2006 11:12 PM  

  • Hi Even So... (JD?)
    Thank you so much for the well-wishes. I think you are in for a lot of razzing on that Sunday. Were you in the class of 1984 or did your parents give you that extra year to mature? Mine pushed me ahead and I was one of the youngest in my class.
    Thanks for the visit!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/24/2006 11:27 AM  

  • Rose,

    Yeah I go by JD, and I was in the class of '84. I'll be back, keep up the site, it's great...

    By Blogger Even So..., at 8/26/2006 12:58 AM  

  • Hey, I just checked your blog again recently and... congrats! How exciting! My mom had my younger brother when she was 40 (and he was a total surprise too). Will be praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy. Do you know if it's going to be a boy or girl?

    By Blogger Carey, at 9/24/2006 12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here