Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Thursday, August 03, 2006

I've been tagged

My friend, Matthew, the Dyspraxic Fundamentalist "tagged" me.

1. One book that changed your life:
The Bible
(I know - that is "the" answer, but I cannot attribute "life-changing" to any other book. None of them have done anything of the sort.)

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Follow the River by James Alexander Thom
An awesome book - must read! It moved me ... I couldn't put it down ... it made me thankful for my safety.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
The Zion Covenant (set) by Bodie Thoene

4. One book that made you laugh:
A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
(the movie "Simon Birch" was based on this book, but I read it long before. It was profound in ways, but very funny at times also.)

5. One book that made you cry [or feel really sad]:
Pet Sematary by Stephen King
This book not only made me cry, it made me feel a profound greif in my soul. Very disturbing - the most awful book I have ever read.

6. One book that you wish had been written:
Why I now see that Non-Calvinism is the only correct position; I recant my Lordship Salvation Teachings by John MacArthur

7. One book that you wish had never been written: The Koran

8. One book you’re currently reading:
The London Refrain by Bodie Thoene

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The Gospel Under Seige by Zane Hodges and
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
(see, I can't follow simple rules)

10. Now tag five people: I don't play well with others.
KC, Antonio, Bobby, Loren, Angie

13 Comments:

  • Interesting responses. I especially liked the one about which book you would like to see written.

    God bless.

    By Blogger Gordon, at 8/03/2006 8:35 AM  

  • Those answers are great (except for cheating, with the Bible). The one about MacArthur is fantastic.

    God Bless

    Matthew

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 8/03/2006 11:46 AM  

  • Thanks, Gordon. You are looking especially well today.

    Thank you, Matthew. Wouldn't it be smashing if he wrote such a book? God bless you too.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/03/2006 1:38 PM  

  • An interesting list of books, Rose. I have posted my answers. Thanks for tagging me! :)

    By Blogger Angie, at 8/03/2006 5:35 PM  

  • I like the Harper Lee choice.

    By Blogger Joe, at 8/03/2006 6:01 PM  

  • Hi Angie.
    Thanks for taking the tag. Your list was interesting also!

    Joe,
    I have heard many good things about that book for a long time and have never gotten around to reading it. soon...

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/04/2006 8:13 AM  

  • I am reading 'To Kill a Mocking Bird'!

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 8/04/2006 8:45 AM  

  • Fun to read your answers. I'd wear sack cloth and ashes if MacArther wrote that. Better for him to write "Why I Left Dispensationalism and Found the Truth of Amillennialism" :o)

    But really, it is fun to read the disfferent answers. The Koran as a book never to have been written -- how intolerant of you! :o) I wish I had used that for me answer.

    Fun read.

    By Blogger Earl Flask, at 8/04/2006 10:14 AM  

  • DF,
    :~)
    Is it any good so far?

    Earl,
    LOL! I loved that comment. I pictured a middle aged man with sackcloth and ashes .. a but no - it is a chemical flask with the ashes stuck on the sides. LOL!

    As to the book that you wish he would write - maybe he will soon.

    Yes, I am intolerant of terrorist killers and I can't help but think that book has something to do with the midset - but I confess, that may be an ignorant assumption.

    You have a good weekend. It is good to see you back around again - you are so reasonable and light-hearted.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/04/2006 12:36 PM  

  • It is interesting, but their is a big cultural barrier. It all seems very foreign.

    By Blogger Matthew Celestine, at 8/04/2006 2:18 PM  

  • I started (but did not finish) my tagging prodedure

    By Blogger Antonio, at 8/04/2006 9:42 PM  

  • Hi Rose,

    A day late and a dollar short, the end-of-month period is especially busy for me.

    I would have to choose the Bible for most of those 'positive' categories. Just for a little variety I might throw in "The Lord of the Rings" for some of the other positive answers.

    The book that should never have been written is definitely the Koran. What a scourge to the earth.

    The book that I think should be written is probably on my list to write, it's just that I haven't gotten around to it yet.

    This is fun. For smiles and laugh's my favorite book is an e-book called 'Rose's Reasonings'. But it also contains many thought provoking points, as the best humor always does. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :-)

    By Blogger Cleopas, at 8/05/2006 12:58 AM  

  • Matthew,
    Well, that is no surprise that there would be a cultural barrier! Actually, I suppose there could be a barrier for me too when I read it - the Northern US and the Southern US can be quite different.

    Antonio,
    I am glad you started. I look forward to the rest of your answers?

    Matt,
    Hi! The only book I have ever read by him is "the Gospel According to Jesus." Why?

    Loren,
    Thanks for answering those questions. I like your answer to the "one book you wish were written." Just write it yourself, huh?! That is the spirit! Your compliment to Rose's Reasonings is so valued to the author and has brought a smile upon her face. Thanks!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 8/05/2006 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here