Let's be reasonable with one another, shall we?

Friday, September 30, 2005

Something I have an opinion regarding: The ACLU

In my first post, I said if I write something it will “…be on a subject that I believe I know something about ... or on a subject that I have an opinion regarding... or maybe it will just be something that I am thinking about and I want to know what others think about it.”
Today I HAVE AN OPINION!!! My next post will be of the third type above mentioned. After that, who knows!?

Yesterday I heard that the ACLU had convinced a judge to release all the videos from the Abu Ghraib prison debacle. Now I want to be clear: I don’t think it was nice what was done to those prisoners. And I’m not sure it was OK. (Clear as a mud puddle, right?)

Anyways, this morning I started thinking about how the soldiers overseas … and other Americans abroad … and even those of us here at home … may face more danger as the Muslim world sees these videos, and may get the wrong impression that this is a current suituation. Why must we be forced to re-visit this by such a reckless organization and a foolish judge? Then I started thinking about the acrostic (I just love acrostics!) “ACLU”. American … Civil … Liberties … Union. AMERICAN? I have never heard of anything more UN-American than what these people have done in this case. What ever happened to thinking about the safety of OUR citizens? Why don’t they have a sense of responsinbilty to this country? They are so UNREASONABLE!

Let’s fix their acrostic:

Anti-American
Careless
Liberal
Undercutters

Anybody want to offer a little help on the words?

9 Comments:

  • Rose,

    I always wondered what ACLU really stood for.

    The freedom we have and enjoy in these great United States of America IS because of the defenders of our civil liberties and the constitution... the U.S. soldiers. I salute the armed forces, those who are serving now and those who have served in the past.

    May God continue to bless the USA!

    In spite of the Anti-American Careless Liberal Undercutters.

    By Blogger J. Wendell, at 9/30/2005 5:25 PM  

  • Hi Rose,

    Funny you should ask about the ACLU, I came up with a new definition for them a few weeks ago -- but now I've forgotten what it was!

    I think it was anti-christian league of unbelievers, anti-christ liars union, or something like that. In any case, one could hardly miss this concept in their insane approach.

    I think the a-clu needs to get a-clue.

    By Blogger loren, at 10/01/2005 1:49 AM  

  • I have nothing good to say about the ACLU, so I won't say anything at all.

    Did I say too much?

    JRush

    By Blogger John R., at 10/01/2005 2:43 PM  

  • That kind of goes along with one of my mothers' sayings when I was young: "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything." (A lot of her sayings didn't make much sense to me, but sometimes I go by that one.) Thanks for coming on over - I love your writing!

    By Blogger Rose~, at 10/01/2005 7:40 PM  

  • I don't know what ACLU stands for, but they don't act like Americans, they are not civil, they don't stand for liberty and...I guess they might be a union of sorts.

    Good post!

    By Blogger Joe, at 10/01/2005 9:49 PM  

  • Why are you so prejudiced against acrostics?

    By Blogger Jeremy Weaver, at 10/06/2005 5:19 PM  

  • B - brainy people
    E - err in trying to
    C - crush ideas
    A - around certain
    U - undersimplified words
    S - so they can
    E - escape explanation

    Just kidding, I really don't mind them. I especially like the one John is covering if he would ever get back to it...the "B-A-P-T-I-S-T" one I mean. I find that very useful. In fact, knowing that finally helped me to accept the label "baptist" because then it seemed to stand for something. I designed a bookmark for our ABF because John is teaching on that now ... maybe he will put it up on his blog, I think I'm figuring out how to post graphics a little better.

    By Blogger Rose~, at 10/06/2005 9:14 PM  

  • I have just signed a national, grassroots petition to expose
    and de-fund the ACLU, and I would like you to join with
    me by clicking below:

    http://www.cfra.info/33/petition.asp?PID=9845465&NID=1.

    The ACLU is collecting millions of dollars in court awards
    when they seek to remove symbols of the Christian faith
    from society.

    Recently, legislation was introduced that would prevent
    secular organizations from collecting attorney fees after
    suing communities to remove the Ten Commandments,
    memorial crosses, Nativity scenes and more.

    The Center for Reclaiming America is mobilizing 100,000
    citizen petitions to present to Congress within the next
    30 days urging lawmakers to support the Public Expression
    of Religion Act of 2005 (HR 2679).

    Please take immediate action by clicking here for more information:

    http://www.cfra.info/33/petition.asp?PID=9845465&NID=1

    Mr. chas childers

    By Blogger maildad, at 10/10/2005 10:48 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger unnerved, at 10/25/2009 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Who Links Here